Seal Strength MCD
Peel a Pouch
Constant 45° Seal Strength Tester model CST454
For containers with peel open lids.
- Rigid thermoformed cups
- Injection-molded cups
- Single serve containers
- Trays with flexible lids
- Instrument completely peels the lid of a cup, pin-pointing exact location of trouble areas
- Maintains 45° lid angle throughout the peel process
- Records actual force as required to open the package at 45° angle
- Stainless steel and anodized aluminum construction.
- Pneumatic gripper improves testing ease and speed.
- Stepper motor design equipped with a digital controller.
- Digital force gauge can easily be removed for calibration.
- Zero backlash ball screw with permanent lubrication.
- High level of safety – no pinch points.
- Universal vacuum holding fixture and custom top plates for any container size and shape.
- User can test cups with up to 4” lid diameter and up to 4” height.
- RS-232 Data output for use with VEI data collection software.
- Multiple speed drive 1, 6 and 12 inches per minute (calibrated).
- Dimensions: 30"L x 10"W x 18"H.
- Instrument weight: 47 pounds.
- Required utilities are 120-240 VAC and 60 psi compressed air.
custom top plates
maintains 45° lid angle
data collection software